Wednesday, January 7, 2015

DUPE ALERT FOR: Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick

Hello Loves!!!!

Ive been unemployed for a while now so I've been looking for more affordable products to use in place of my favorite high end or more pricey items in my collection (aside from job hunting and college) so I'm back with another dupe hope you enjoy!!!! xoxoxo

As you may (or may not) know Rimmel just came out with A new version of their Show Off/Apocalips liquid lipsticks that are now matte!!! Well I picked one up in the shade "Meteoric" and realized this is great dupe for Too Faced "Melted Berry" but for A fraction of the price at roughly $6. (in my area)


Too Faced Melted: Melted Berry 
$21

 Excuse my face as I have no makeup on *YIKES*
w/flash

Pros: Very Smooth and easy to apply
Sweet-ish smell like Sweet Tarts candy
Very thick and pigmented
opaque
creamy
semi long lasting
comfortable on the lips
cute packaging 
will last through meals/drinking

Cons: can get drying if you don't properly moisturize
some transfer does happen.
Non matte formula


You get 0.40 oz in each tube which will last for a long time in my opinion especially if you're an lipstick junky like myself. Overall I love it although I don't wear this shade as much as I'd like to. Would I re-purchase? Yes and I have. 
Rating: 9.5/10 because of transfer.


Rimmel "Show Off Velvet Mattes":Meteoric
$6


w/flash


Pros: Smooth, easy application
doe foot applicator
non-drying
velvety smooth
glides on evenly
pigmented 
cute packaging
affordable
dries matte as it claims
there's no real scent



Cons: Not long wearing
 does not last through eating or drinking
a bit of transfer
only comes in 5 shades at the moment
you will need at least two layers to get the opacity 


The applicator was kind of hard to get out of my tube I'm not sure if the others will be the same way? All the shades aren't anything special nothing super unique hopefully they'll come out with more soon however they had a bright Orange shade which is rare to come by in the drugstore.





Here some pictures with both Melted Berry and Meteoric on my lips side by side and a hand swatch.
I will say that Meteoric is a bit darker than Melted Berry, but the textures of both are very similar when you apply them.











No comments:

Post a Comment